If you've ever filled in an online form only for the information to have been lost, leaving you with the annoying task of repeating yourself, you'll know how irritating it can be.
Lazarus Form Recovery is designed to keep you calm. It saves data you have entered into web forms, so if it's lost, it can be recovered with a right mouse click command.
The data is kept on your PC, so it's pretty safe. If other people use your machine, you can set a master password for Firefox to make the data secret.
Also, the data is encrypted as an additional security measure.
You can set a time limit on the saved data - default is 30 minutes, but we have found 10 minutes to be adequate.
As in most cases all you need to do is click back and re-enter information, it's not necessary to keep your data for long. You can set whether Lazarus saves password fields too, and obviously it's better not to!
Lazarus's system works on most sites we tested, making it a great Firefox add-ons for anyone who writes blogs, comments on sites or fills in lengthy application forms online.
- Added info about the database on the options > database tab
- Added button to clean (Vaccuum) the database (options > database > Clean The Database)
- Automatically backup the database on browser load (and pption to disable backup)
- New Crypto components fromo the Mozilla Weave team.
- Zotero compatibilty problem
- Fixed a couple of memory leaks reported by Leak Monitor
- Re-enabled options dialog resizing for windows and linux users
- Require the Lazarus password to delete the database or delete saved forms